Skip to main content

Alternative inquiry into ‘explosive’ leaked Labour report to be held tonight

AN ALTERNATIVE inquiry into Labour’s leaked report on alleged attempts by Labour officials to sabotage Jeremy Corbyn’s 2017 election campaign is to be held online on Saturday night.

Substantial numbers are expected to tune in at 7pm as people are given the opportunity to air what they would have said to the much delayed Forde Inquiry had they been given the chance.

The official probe, led by QC Martin Forde, was supposed to have been published earlier this year, but its release has been mysteriously delayed.

Not the Forde Inquiry co-organiser Norman Thomas said: “The leaked report under investigation appears to be a shocking exposé of an attack on democracy at the heart of the Labour Party.

“I believe the Forde Inquiry’s findings are being suppressed because the party’s leadership simply wants to bury the truth. But we, the grassroots members, aren’t going to let that happen. We refuse to be silenced.”

The event is being held by the Labour In Exile Network, which includes members who claim to have been unfairly suspended or expelled from the party for supporting Mr Corbyn.

Registration for “Not The Forde Inquiry” is at bit.ly/3gbm3Rj.

OWNED BY OUR READERS

We're a reader-owned co-operative, which means you can become part of the paper too by buying shares in the People’s Press Printing Society.

Become a supporter

Fighting fund

You've Raised:£ 13,110
We need:£ 4,890
6 Days remaining
Donate today